multi-instance alarms on graphics objects

Find and share HowTos to various installations / configurations!
Search

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
tmalone

multi-instance alarms on graphics objects

Post by tmalone »

I am using the S7Plus feature where the alarms come from the PLC and on the OA side it is designated as multi-instance alarms.

The help is very clear that the alarm attributes like _alert_hdl.._act_state_color are "not relevant for multiinstance alerts". That is what the "alert color" wizard uses when you ask it to display the color of the alert.

So, now I have to write my own color handling code. My question is: for a particular DPE with the alert handling+address for multi-instance alarms, what property should I put in dpConnect to color a valve on the screen?

Not all the attributes in alerts can be used in a waiting function, so I have narrowed it to:

.._alerts ?

and then use alartGet() to determine state and color?

tmalone

Re: multi-instance alarms on graphics objects

Post by tmalone »

Testing with an S7Plus PLC driver using Program Alarms (boolean only) shows that the _alert_hdl.._act_state_color seems to work.

Is the manual wrong?

The _alert_hdl.._act_state seems to work too.

Maybe this is unique to boolean and S7Plus driver with Program Alarms which seem to allow only boolean alarm states.

I don't want to start coding a solution if it is going to break in 3.19 or something crazy like that.

tmalone

Re: multi-instance alarms on graphics objects

Post by tmalone »

the implementation of S7Plus Program Alarms is a 1 to 1 relationship. You cannot have more than one alarm from the PLC to a single OA Multi-instance alarm... it is not multi-instance actually.

So, all of the usual alarm things work just like _act_alarm_color and other way to display things on the screen despite that the manual says otherwise.

I hope someone finds this useful.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1