getDollarList

Discussion about recent product features & solutions!
Search

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
AMRPatricio

getDollarList

Post by AMRPatricio »

Hi All,

From a control script, I am trying to obtain the dollar parameters list associated with a specific panel. I tried using getDollarList() and getDollarParamsFromPanel(), however I always receive a error saying "Function not defined". Any idea why?

If a call any of this functions inside and via a panel everything works fine. I guess this means that these functions only be used in panel and do not work when called via control scripts?Any way to solve this?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Antonio Patricio

kilianvp

Re: getDollarList

Post by kilianvp »

The functions getDollarList() and getDollarParamsFromPanel() are only working in the UI.

AMRPatricio

Post by AMRPatricio »

kilianvp wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:56 pm The functions getDollarList() and getDollarParamsFromPanel() are only working in the UI.
Thanks kilianvp. That is what I understood. In my case I need to get such information referring to a panel that is not necessarily running. Any ideas or suggestions?

BR,
Antonio Patricio

kilianvp

Post by kilianvp »

In the past, I have often packed the function into a panel and started a UI silent. You can start the UI using system().

BR
Kilian von Pflugk

gschijndel

Post by gschijndel »

There is no need to pack the function in a panel nor to start the UI with the system function.

The UI can be started with a script (but no arguments for the script can be specified) with the '-s' option. The UI might not run without a panel, so also a dummy panel might need to be specified.
To run the UI in the background the '-silentMode' option can be used.

Why do you need dollar parameters list in a control script?

5 posts • Page 1 of 1