Mass activation of codemeter dongels

Discuss about Order process & License technology
Search

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
kilianvp

Mass activation of codemeter dongels

Post by kilianvp »

I have to activate 200 dongles soon. How many times can I call WCCOAtoolCMactivation at the same time?
I have built a script that activates 7 dongles at a time. Are there any restrictions/experiences here? Do the processes block each other?
Would it be possible to include a JSON output in WCCOAtoolGetCMLicInfo?

Andorhal

Re: Mass activation of codemeter dongels

Post by Andorhal »

Hello Kilian,

There is no clear limit, as the CM-License Server is a shared medium you might risk a time-out if you bring on to many at once especially at peak times.
Even when starting multiple instances of WCCOAtoolCMactivation the processes will be serialized by the CodeMeter Runtime.
Practical experience shows that a serialization in a the tool call is the more reliable solution and should be preferred over the serialization in the CodeMeter Runtime.

Currently the WCCOAtoolGetCMLicInfo supports only XML output.

Best regards,
Robert

kilianvp

Re: Mass activation of codemeter dongels

Post by kilianvp »

For other as information.
The serialized activation works very well. During the day, the activation can take a little longer. If everything goes well it takes about 42 seconds to activate one dongle. Today I had the problem that WCCOAtoolCMactivation timed out. I then had to use the codemeter website. Keep this in mind when you use WCCOAtoolCMactivation.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1