Panel slower in 'runtime' HMI

An off-topic general discussion forum to chat about ANYTHING!
Search

2 posts • Page 1 of 1
fmulder

Panel slower in 'runtime' HMI

Post by fmulder »

I have a weird situation and don't know where to look next. We have made a panel that displays some historical data. It first does a MS-SQL query to get a large set of alarms (example: 5000). Then scripting is used to do some pre-processing. Or, add some information that is not available in MS-SQL.

The weird thing is: when I run (quick-test) this panel in the Gedi then it is pretty fast ( 1.5 seconds). But when I start this from our 'runtime' application ( e.g. the application that has all the process images, navigation buttons, alarm row and such) then the exact same panel, doing the exact same query will take 3 times longer (roughly 5 seconds)

I guessed that this could be caused by the fact that the HMI needs to handle more threads. I then added a button to start 40 threads. But this had no effect in the gedi ?

Does anyone have an idea why the panel would be faster when using quick run in the gedi ?

dbindernagel

Re: Panel slower in 'runtime' HMI

Post by dbindernagel »

1. Do you know which part is slower? It might help to know if the additional time is comming from the query part or the pre-processing.

2. Is the panel running on different systems?
I assume you mean accessing MS-SQL through the database functions (dbOpenConnection, ...) and not NGA with MS-SQL.
Not so firm with this but I think, depending on your connection string, it is possible that the panel is using different DB drivers on different systems, which might not perform the same.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1