With the aid of the well thought-out redundancy concept of WinCC Open Architecture it is possible to fulfill the demands of plant engineers and operators in terms of availability and process and data security.
- Hot standby redundancy with dual computer systems
- In a redundant system each user interface is linked with the active and passive system. Redundancy switching is thus smooth without impairing system operability
- Automatic switching is performed in the tenth-of-a-second range without data loss
- Automatic matching of process image, alarm data and history at system start-up
- Freely configurable switching mechanisms with weighted error status evaluation
- Additional security by means of differentiating between computer and network failure
- Redundant network connections between different computers
- Split mode with redundancy - Test of new configurations and parameterizations without interfering the operation.